Posted: 12.09.21 at 13:12 by Tim Lethaby
In an effort to help our readers who are looking for a new work position or a career change, we have compiled a list of roles currently available in the Cheddar area to give you a helping hand in your job hunt.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join us in our CQC outstanding home for residents with physical disabilities.
This role will be based at our St Michael's home in Axbridge. St Michael's is home to 36 adults with physical disabilities.
We offer an environment where you can be part of a team who are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of adults with physical disabilities.
This is a great chance to be part of a home where you can be a part of resident’s long-term care and be a part of a team that truly value what you do.
• Generous annual leave
• EXTRA! - an excellent employee discount scheme providing access to great savings and discounts at some of the UK’s biggest retailers
• Blue Light Card
• Discounted tariffs with 02
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) providing access to a free, confidential 24-hour information, support and counselling service
• Access to a cash health plan at very competitive rates to help cover every day healthcare expenses (i.e. dental/optical) and personal accident cover
• And more!
This role is subject to the requirements of The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021.
Appointment is conditional on successful applicants providing evidence to our satisfaction that they are, or will be vaccinated by November 11 2021, or are exempt from vaccination due to clinical reasons.
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage applications from people with a disability, supporting where possible, your requirements for reasonable adjustments.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk. A satisfactory disclosure check is required for this post.
Permanent, full-time or part-time. £20 per hour.
Click here to apply.
Our client is an independent special school in Somerset with 29 students with complex needs. They provide 1:1 or 2:1 support to all of their students.
They have four Learning Bases in and around the Mendip area, with this role being based in Wedmore.
Their provision includes a therapy team and in-house social worker. They are an approved GCSE exam centre.
They need an experienced, competent, confident and inspirational KS2 and Lower KS3 Teacher to join their committed and energetic staff team. The primary focus of the role is to teach English and Maths within this phase.
The successful applicant will work alongside other curriculum Teachers within the school to promote and support whole school and subject development, contribute to Curriculum Lead and Managers’ meetings and the whole school development plan, develop and maintain their English and Maths schemes of work, provide one to one learning to students, safeguard students’ welfare, deliver study plans, record outcomes, and prepare resources.
• Experience of teaching English and Maths to KS2 and/or Entry Level
• Experience with young people with special needs
• Skills to work appropriately and effectively with individual students
• Ability to promote students’ social and emotional development
• Ability to respond calmly and effectively to displayed behaviours
• Confidence to work independently
• Excellent communication skills
• Use of own car for work
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references, medical fitness and DBS clearance.
Permanent, part-time. Salary £31,000 per annum pro rata.
Click here to apply.
We are currently recruiting for compassionate and caring individuals who would like to develop their career in care, or are looking for a new opportunity!
As an Agency Healthcare Assistant you will be supporting people in a range of residential and nursing settings across the area.
You will get all the benefits of a permanent worker along with the flexibility and choice that comes with agency work!
Retain Healthcare was developed from a family run business which has been running for more than 30 years, providing a high quality service to customers and supporting our staff through learning and development. Our ethos is for continuous learning and includes four key points:
• Retaining - Quality
• Retaining - Independence
• Retaining - Staff
• Retaining - Skills
Supporting those we care for to get up in the mornings and get ready for the day, including:
• Getting washed and dressed
• Assisting with mobility through hoists and stand aids
• Provide personal care where required such as assisting to the toilet
• Providing companionship such as going out into the community to go shopping or to appointments. But also being there to provide emotional support throughout the day, and taking part in activities they enjoy
• Working as a team with other healthcare professionals
• The flexibility to work hours that suit you!
• On-going support from us through training and career development opportunities
• Competitive rates of pay, plus holiday pay and enhanced nights, weekend and bank holiday rates
• Weekly pay
• Flexible working hours including full-time or part-time and a range of shift patterns
• Recommend a friend bonus scheme of up to £300 per recommendation
• Pension scheme
To be an agency worker you will be expected to 'hit the ground running', which is why we require a minimum of six months' experience working in care. It would also be beneficial to be a driver, but this is not a requirement.
The high quality of our service can only be delivered by people like you who want to make a difference to the individuals we support.
We rely on our Healthcare Assistants to leave a good impression to form part of our ongoing reputation in the local area.
Permanent, full-time or part-time. £9.20 to £12 per hour.
Click here to apply.
Click here for more jobs in the Cheddar area.
Mendip Folk Choir are thrilled to be singing again, and would love to welcome new members. We sing outside on a Thursday evening at Hannah More Cot...