Firefighters tackle chimney fire in Compton Bishop

  Posted: 14.09.21 at 10:40 by Cheddar Nub News

us on Facebook



Firefighters from Cheddar were among three crews called to tackle chimney fire in Compton Bishop last night (September 13).

Just before 8.45pm, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Control received a call to a property in Compton Bishop stating that the chimney from a wood burning stove was on fire.

A fire engine was mobilised from Cheddar Fire Station to investigate, and this was joined by one from Burnham-on-Sea.

Once on the scene, crews confirmed they had located hot spots within an unused chimney breast on both the first and ground floors of the property.

Crews requested the attendance of the heavy rescue vehicle from Glastonbury Fire Station for the Flexi Cam to check for any potential fire spread through the cavity walls.

The crews successfully extinguished the fire within the chimney using chimney rods and equipment, SDS drills to drill into the the chimney breast, two thermal imaging cameras and a Flexi Camera.

The cause of the fire was stated as being accidental.


Like this article? Sign up to our weekly newsletter...
Revised plans for nearly 100 new homes in Cheddar could be approved before the end of the year. Sedgemoor District Council voted in July 2018 to gr...
Read more...

Upcoming Cheddar Event...

Mendip Folk Choir

Mendip Folk Choir are more than excited to be starting indoor rehearsals again on October 7, 6.30pm, in the beautiful and acoustically glorious surrou...



Event

Share: